Saturday, March 19, 2011

blue sweater

Dear You,

 thanks meg for showing me this song
I haven't heard your voice in a while, I miss the sound
I wanna see your face but you're in another place, oh, another town
Why did you have to leave on a trip that would take you away from me?
You're a thousand miles away but I know you hear this melody

I'll play the sweet sound of your voice inside my head

Like a record
And I'll smell the wonderful scent, oh, you captured within
Your blue sweater
I wish everytime you came into my mind I could
Write you a letter
Words can't contain what I feel so for now, I'll just wait 'til
We're together
I'll hold on to your blue sweater, yeah

In my mind, I bring you back here

For as long as I allow
Oh, hurry, I'm starting to worry
I'll forget you now, but I don't know how
So I'll count down the days 'til I see you again
Who knew that it would feel like 200 years 'til then?

***
where do i begin? 
its been 16 months. 
in my opinion that's a long time. 
but isn't it weird with how fast time is going?
i got yet another lovely letter from you today. 
how those make me smile. 
you say all the right things 
at exactly the right time. 
i cherish each one like its my first. 

you were in my dream last night. 
i look forward to those moments when we can see each other there. 
it was as if nothing changed. 
you held me tight 
and i was in heaven.

don't get me wrong, 
you're doing something uber important. 
and i couldn't be more proud. 
how lucky am i to have a missionary? 
the luckiest. 
i think about something everyday 
how you are influencing the people you are around you 
for the better. 
i have a feeling they all love you 
as i do. 

i miss you. 
but for now
I'll play the sweet sound of your voice inside my head
Like a record
And I'll smell the wonderful scent, oh, you captured within
Your blue sweater
I wish everytime you came into my mind I could
Write you a letter
Words can't contain what I feel so for now, I'll just wait 'til
We're together
I'll hold on to your blue sweater, yeah

see you in 8. 

Love, Me.

1 comment:

  1. I take 100% full credit for introducing you to Poema. Because I told Meg to check them out. You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete

whats on your mind?