Friday, August 17, 2012

blessed and humbled.

my job these days is basically my life. it occupies most of my time and i think about it quite often. and i've never been so blessed in my life with something so wonderful.

i work monday through friday eight am until two pm in a big brown building. i work on the fourth floor-i climb four flights of stairs daily. it's awful. i wear a headset and run around the office more than i sit. i get weekends off and paid holidays. sometimes i get paid fridays off due to remodeling. it's bliss. i visit the hospital on an almost daily basis running errands for the doctors. i wear skirts 4 out of the 5 work days. i never wear jeans anymore. i finally understand how most insurance companies work now. i give the office number when someone asks for my cell phone number and answer my own phone as if i am answering the office phone. i love my coworkers. and not to mention, the surgeons and FNP's i work for are some of the most selfless people i have ever met. . 

i've been there for almost ten months. the first four months were rough. and i was tested nearly every day. some times i felt so inadequate and questioned my ability to be there. it was just a job for me at that point. i finally had to make a conscious decision that i wanted to be there, i wanted it to be more than just a job. i worked hard to be where i am at today and i continue to work hard everyday because i have no doubt in my mind that i am in the right place at the right time. it took 50 job applications and 7 interviews to be where i am. 

what nineteen year old has such a job like mine? i feel so unbelievably fortunate to work where i do. i absolutely love being around all the patients we take in. i am truly humbled for the good health that i have. there is nothing like hearing a success story from a patient or their deeply meaningful thank yous. i love being apart of their recovery journey. my job is no where easy. the office is known to be one of the craziest doctors offices around. there isn't much room for mistakes. but, i love my job more than anything. i've grown immensely from being there and i don't plan on leaving anytime soon. in fact, i've considered a change of majors because of this job. it's not just a job for me. it's everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

whats on your mind?